Wednesday 29 February 2012

NOTD Pink colourwash..

Today I've tried something new with my nails, it's a light sparkly pink gradually building up to a bright, hot pink shade.

For this look I first used 'Sally Hansen Double Duty Base Coat' before applying two coats of OPI's 'Princesses Rule!'. When this was dry I applied a thin coat of 'Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Top Coat' to smooth the top of the nail, this is a completely optional step and is by no means necessary. When the polish is fully dry I then applied a thin coat of OPI 'Pink Flamenco' about halfway up the nail and began gently patting it with a makeup sponge to give a more faded effect, I repeated this process multiple times, covering less of the nail with each coat. The end result was a light pink base fading into a shocking pink tip.

Hope you like this look, it can be adapted with so many different nail polishes and colours. I find the Andrea Fullerton layering polishes work exceptionally well with this look.

Until next time...

Xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment