Friday 2 March 2012

My Everyday Makeup Products

On a day to day basis my makeup is relatively minimal. I always like to look 'presentable' but that doesn't necessarily mean caking my face with every product I can get my hands on. I also have days where I will happily go out with nothing but a freshly washed face -- no makeup. Eeeek! Of course I have days where I like to put a bit more effort in but on a basic day, the following products are what you are most likely to find me in.

I keep my daily use makeup in this makeup bag from Cath Kidston.


NARS Multi Protect Primer SPF30 - I first tried this primer when I recieved a small sample in a delivery of a few other products. I instantly noticed the high SPF of it which is a really important factor for me and my ghostly pale complexion. After being pleasantly surprised by the SPF I tried it the next day and fell in love, it left my skin feeling smooth and perfectly prepped for my foundation. I loved that it didn't completely mattify the skin too as I really aren't a fan of the matt look on myself, particularly during the day.

Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation in shade 51 OR Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua in shade B10 - I love both of these foundations and use them all the time, it will take a lot for me to replace either of them! I tend to use the Bourjois more during the day purely because its the cheaper one and I almost feel guilty if I use the Chanel just for going to the supermarket in!

Bourjois Healthy Mix Concealer in Light AND Soap and Glory Kick Ass Concealer - I absolutely adore the Healthy Mix concealer, it gives great coverage and blends really well. I've tried it with a few different foundations and have never had an issue with it. The Kick Ass concealer is a little duo containing a brightening under eye concealer and a 'blemish' concealer. I mostly use the duo for the brightening concealer around the eye, it really does make a difference.

Bourjois Little Round Pot shade 16 - I absolutely adore Bourjois blushes and this one is a firm favourite of mine. Not the most pigmented colour in the world but it can be built up to give a lovely rosy flush to the apples of the cheeks. I wouldn't be without it.

Sleek Makeup in Light - Between my mum and me we must have tried nearly every brow kit/penicl going and this is by far the best one for me. I don't go for a dramatic brow during the day but I do like them to look 'groomed'. A daytime brow for me is quite soft, no harsh lines but filled in enough to look like a 'full' brow.

Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies mascara - I love this mascara, I bought it when it first came out and had an 'introductory price' of about £2 off and haven't looked back since. I have rubbish, barely there eyelashes but this mascara really makes a difference and can be built up to create a more dramatic 'evening' look. I am yet to find a mascara that I love as much as this.

Bourjois Liner Pinceau Eyeliner in black - This is one of the best liquid eyeliners I have ever used, the applicator brush is really fine which makes it easy to create as thin or thick a line as you wish and it never splays (a major bug bear with liquid liner!). It also stays put all day, you really couldn't ask for much more from a liquid liner!

No7 Lipstick in Barely Plum - When getting everything together for this blog post I looked everywhere online and in boots stores for this lipstick but cannot find it anywhere, I don't have a clue what type of lipstick it is or what range its from :(. It's a gorgeous red-y plum colour that I love on my lips, althought it looks like I'll have to find a new favourite seeing as I won't be able to get my hands on it again!

Carmex Classic Lip Balm - This is a handbag staple for me, I always have a little pot on me and reapply it countless times throughtout the day. I really love the smell, it reminds me of something but I can't think for the life in me what it is! It is also relatively tasteless which I really like as I never really like the taste of lip products, even the ones that claim to be 'juicy' or fruity'.



As you can probably tell Bourjois is definitely one of my favourite brands, the quality of their makeup really is fantastic for the price. I am considering writing an 'evening makeup bag' post as I tend to go for a completely different, more dramatic look on an evening. If you want to see more in detail reviews on any of these products please let me know in the comments so I can get them written up :)

Until next time

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment