Wednesday 7 March 2012

"Oooh, you look really fresh faced!".. Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation


I mentioned that I'd bought this product in a beauty haul that I posted yesterday (see that here) and thought as it's a relatively new product I would do a review on it. I bought this in Boots for £8.99 along with a few other bits because all Rimmel cosmetics are on 3 for 2, the perfect time to go and stock up! Boots are also giving away their £5 off No7 vouchers at the moment too so if there's anything from their range that tickles your fancy, go take advantage of that! I believe the same offer is also running at Superdrug, I suppose it just depends which store you want to gain points on your avantage/beauty card from!

What they say... "Wake up and glow! Finally, your new beauty partner that keeps up with your fast paced lifestyle. Introducing new Wake Me Up Foundation from Rimmel London. Rimmel's first liquid foundation that instantly reawakens skin with a healthy, radiant glow.
It's time to wake up - the light, smooth texture glides on easily to give a 100% pore-less and flawless complexion. Spoil yourself with SPF15 sun protection and illuminating radiance pearls for a natural glow. A peptide formulation helps increase our skin's elasticity and vitamin complex also leaves you looking healthy and fresh. Your skin will bounce back to life - even if your body is thinking otherwise. No longer do you have to face fatigue in the mirror. Immediately eliminates visable signs of tiredness so skin looks rejuvenated. Also, minimising signs of premature ageing. Wake Me Up works just as hard as you - staying put for up to 10 hours and giving you a natural, medium to full coverage. So even if you've had a few hours sleep, you can look radiant and younger.
Let last nights late bedtime be a secret. Discover beauty sleep in a bottle from Rimmel London."

What I say... After recieving a small sample of this in a magazine that was waaaaay too dark for me, I decided to make a purchase because I did like the texture and feel of the foundation on my skin. I'm going to start by mentioning the shade range, it's not huge. Basically. I know there is a LOT of posts and hype around high street brands and their shade ranges but I won't go into that. There is 6 shades in this foundation, I bought 100 Ivory which it the palest one with shade 303 True Nude being the darkest. I will say if I was any paler it would be too dark for me and it does have a slightly orange tone to it which won't suit everyone, but if it is applied and blended well I feel it looks good on me.


Initially I felt the foundation was quite thick when I first pumped it out of the bottle, however on application it does seem to thin out into a lighter consistency whilst still giving a good coverage. I usually apply my foundation with either my Real Techniques buffing brush or a flat foundation brush but I found it much easier to blend this with my fingers for a much more even coverage. Like many others, this foundation does cling to dry patches so if you do suffer with dry skin it most likely won't be the one for you. I have normal/combination skin that can get a little dry occasionally but I found a good exfoliator was enough to smooth my skin ready for this foundation.

I've heard a few mixed reviews about this foundation with some poeple saying it appeared sparkly on their skin. I didn't find this at all, the foundation definitely has a pearlesence to it but didn't look sparkly or give me the look of a vampire extra in Twilight.. I never agree with the long lasting claims of foundations, this lasts on me for around 8 hours with powder, it does of course depend what you're doing whilst wearing the foundation, if you're sat around not moving much it will obviously last a bit longer. I fully agree with the claim of letting last nights late bedtime be a secret after having an extremely late alcohol fuelled night and the next day my friend saying "Ooooh, you look really fresh faced!". Result!


Overall I really like this foundation and would repurchase it, the bottle is hygenic with a pump dispenser and feels nice with a sleek glass bottle. A great daytime foundation if you like a medium, buildable coverage and a dewy skinned look.


All pictures taken with just the foundation, no setting powder over the top. The only other products I am wearing are a little bronzer, mascara and eyeliner. The second face picture was taken in bright sunlight, hence me looking a little orange!

Until next time...

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment