Monday 12 March 2012

No, I will not buy anything today. Window shopping only...


Famous last words.. "I won't buy anything." Yeah right, Meg! I can barely walk past a shop without going in and the thought of going shopping and not actually spending anything is a mystery to me. However, I promised myself I wouldn't spend a penny but would join my friend for a bit of moral support on her little spending spree.

My friend and I had a nice wonder around our town, making stops at the usual places - Topshop, River Island, New Look.. And that is where I saw them, the beautiful wedges I had seen the London Beauty Queen blog about. As soon as I saw them I knew I wanted them, but in which colour? They were both so pretty! In the end I caved and bought both pairs, tan and black. At £16.99 each and with my friend's student discount card.. It really would be rude not to, no? The wedges are a lovely soft mock leather and the perfect heel hight for day or night. Low enough to last a full day shopping but high enough to give you that little bit of 'oomph' we all like on a night out! I think these shoes are going to look fab in summer, especially the tan ones, with a tan (Ou est le St Moritz?). I really do love these wedges, they're pretty, versatile and inexpensive, I really do think I'll get a lot of wear out of them.




I also noticed a half price jewellery stand in New Look and I can never resist having a good rummage through sale items, you never know what you might miss otherwise! I didn't see a great amount of nice jewellery, the stand was practically empty but I did manage to scout a few bargains. I ended up buying three rings and a necklace all for £9.50! The leaf design ring was only £1.50, the pictures really don't do it justice, it looks so much better in person. The other two rings, were both £2.50 and as you can see, one of them is actually a set of five. All of the rings are adjustable in size which I really like as it means I can adjust them to fit different fingers at different times. The necklace cost me £3 and I am in love with it, it looks so pretty with the pastel coloured beads, and I really like that it looks like two necklaces when actually it's just one.



We then walked onto Boots where my friend decided she needed some new makeup, eeek. I somehow managed to stop myself admiring all the pretty coloured lip glosses and shimmery eye shadows and instead decided I would have a little look at the No7 counter and if I saw anything I really really wanted I could use one, and only one of my £5 off vouchers to purchase something. After a very long chat with the lady behind the counter, going through the pro's and con's of me buying it, I bought the Vital Brights limited edition lipstick in 'Blossoming Pink' and I am SO glad I did, it truly is one of the prettiest lip colours I think I've ever purchased. Without the £5 off voucher it would have cost me £10 but I obviously got it for £5.



I also bought myself a new facial exfoliator in Boots as I new I was running low on my current one. I bought a Boots Botanics Smoothing Face Polish that contains Cranberry, Cupuacu (I won't insult you by pretending I know what that is. A plant of sorts, I presume.) and Almond oil. I like to exfoliate a couple of times a week but this face polish is suitable for daily use as it is very gentle. The exfoliating grains aren't harsh on the skin and feel as though they are buffing away dead layers of skin rather than feeling like they are dragging them (and a few healthy layers!) away. This has a creamy texture which I really love as most exfoliators I've tried tend to have a foamy consistancy and I am yet to meet a foaming product that doesn't make my skin feel like the Sahara Desert. My skin can be very sensetive to some products and I am always a little aprehensive about trying new ones but I have been quite pleasantly surprised by this one, it has left my skin feeling smooth with none of that irritating exfoliating redness or tightness. At £5.10 it really is a bargain for such a good quality product.



Our final stop off was Debenhams where.. drum roll.. dun dun dunnnnnn.. I finally caved and bought the Naked2 palette from Urban Decay. I have been arguing with myself non stop about buying this palette - do I really need it? Will I use it? Is it just overkill on the original? But then I thought, "Megan, if you didn't really want it, you wouldn't have been thinking about it for the past 3 month. And it's only £32 today whereas it will usually be £36." I was sold. Yes, a lot of people will argue that it is no different to the original, but it is. It's a lot cooler toned than the original and in my opinion is a lot more versatile in that it is great for creating a subtle day time look but it also has the darker, more dramatic colours to create a strong evening look. I often find the original palette can be a little too shimmery for daytime. I have fallen head over heels for this palette and feel I can totally justify spending money on it. Plus, my mum borrows all my makeup too and she loves it.. If mum doesn't tell me off for it, nobody else can either!



As you can probably tell from this post, I have terrible will power and I am very good at persuading myself (and others for that matter!) to do/buy things. The way I look at it is, I earn my money, I pay my bills, it's up to me how I spend the rest!

Until next time...

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment